Sunday, September 8, 2013

Remembering Sunday

I'm so sorry it took me quite a long time to publish this! I have been busy for the past two weeks and the time youtube takes up to upload the videos didn't help. I hope you appreciate this post though! 

My twitter followers and everyone I know probably know this already and you're all probably annoyed with the fact that I kept on blabbing about it, but last August 25, Sunday(hence the title), I went to an annual music festival called Bazooka Rocks II. I was really stoked for that day, but all the excitement toned down a bit the day before. Maybe it was because I got tired from all the activities that happened before the festival day, got almost no sleep from the night before (See what I did there?), and a series of unfortunate events went in the way that almost caused me to not attend the event. The feeling went back as the moment got closer. I was planning to go to the venue at 3PM to catch Tonight Alive's set, but I arrived a little later than planned and I ended up not being able to watch their set because I had to fix the issue regarding my lost Royalty I.D/pass. Thank God Pulp has the best staff! Can I just say that they also hired the most humorous bouncers ever? Way to go, Pulp! Anyway, I got in just in time for We Came As Romans.







I'm not familiar with their songs, but I enjoyed their cover of Glad You Came!





Then, I went ahead to my All Time Low meet and greet/signing. They didn't allow us to take pictures with the band and it was rapid. Sad. I was able to take this photo using my phone though!


After that, I went back to the mosh pit to watch Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' set!

Countdown






I chilled with my friends for a while by the food stalls. Then, I needed to go to the meet and greet section again to meet rocket for the second time! And then this happened.
Warning: This video is extremely shaky. It can make you dizzy and I would like to apologize in advance for that. I don't recommend watching this video. Just listen to it instead, I guess. 




I was already in line when they played this but I felt the need to film it for my friends who weren't able to go. I decided to go back to the pit to film a better video, but it only made things worse! I really loved this song. There were bubbles. It felt and looked magical like unicorns.

The line for the fast pass grew longer. It almost reached the exit door. Nick, Justin, Eric, and Andrew looked a little tired when it was my turn to meet them but they were still so nice and so sweet! It was my second time meeting them, but I still felt jittery. I felt like I didn't make most of the time I had because I wasn't able to say all the things I was planning to say. They allowed pictures and hugs this time. So after taking a picture with Nick, I had to leave. The feeling of loneliness started to creep in while I was walking out of the area. I felt the urge to run back to them in slow motion with arms wide open, in hopes that they will do the same thing and meet me halfway literally and hug me then lift me up and spin me around. Bea pls. I'm so sorry but I couldn't hide my frustration! Why do I like embarrassing myself so much? Haha

I rested for a while after that and then I went back for Anberlin. I liked their set. I really think that they are underrated.



Let's take a moment to appreciate their beautiful, beautiful lights.





The usual break came after that.


Dramatic effect! They covered the whole stage with this white cloth.
Probably the most awaited band that night!



Let's just say that the crowd went a little wild. Everyone moshed! I got squished and pushed. Some people in the crowd acted inappropriately or probably appropriately for Jack Barakat's perspective. My friend got injured. Super intense crowd! But hey, we survived.

Jack Barakat
Hi, friend!





I eventually decided to move farther from the stage. People were really, really insane.




I'm proud of myself for being able to take a decent video of "Backseat Serenade" which was stuck in my head prior to the festival.


My favorite from their set would probably be "Therapy." Or "Somewhere in Neverland." No, actually it's "Six Feet Under the Stars." How could you even choose?



I realized they were already overtime; I started complaining whining to my friend. :(( Don't get me wrong. I like All Time Low, but I was afraid that I might not finish the festival!



Then they played "Dear Maria, Count Me In."


I started to not care about the time, but then I realized it's their last song! They had a soundcheck after ATL left, which was probably the longest soundcheck that ever existed. *one year later* Wala parin.

I got giddy when I saw this on the screen! The Maine and friends, see you next year! It's sad to think that ARTTM won't be there anymore.

The 8123 Tour will come to Manila on January 2014
I bet some people find it weird that Bea, the bubblegum princess, attended a rock festival or that she listens to punk and all that. I, too, am surprised, dear. Super unlikely, right? Plot twist! Some of you might be thinking, "Ew, are you a goth or something?" or "Are you emo? Why do you like that?" I'm not! Haha I'm not really a massive rock listener type of a person, but I like listening to a little bit of it. It's nice to take a break once in a while from party songs or mainstream pop songs that we hear everywhere. Loljk, I dance all night to the best song ever. I can actually feel myself evolve into a band girl. Some people might be gaining another proof to their theory that I have a mysterious dark side also known as I'm living a Hannah Montana kind of life. One thing I can assure you guys is that my name is really Bernadette Anne and not Ricardo.

Kidding aside, I actually went to this festival just because of one band, although I like some of the other bands as well. If it wasn't that obvious, I love A Rocket to the Moon. Their music is soothing. They have the type of music that you can listen to when it's raining or when it's late at night and you just want to lie down in your bed and stare blankly at the ceiling. I still remember jamming to their latest album, Wild & Free, and then finding out that they're already breaking up just a few weeks after they released the album. It's heartbreaking. Haha We're really lucky because just days after the break-up announcement, Bazooka announced that they will be part of the 2013 lineup! I'm really fortunate and honored to not only see them perform live, but also to meet them twice! The good keeps on getting better. Wooow.



THE LONG WAIT IS OVER.



It was hard to take photos from where I was standing because the people in front are tall. Please forgive my height! 


Nick and Andrew

Justin! He was such a sweetheart.
The only song that I was able to film completely was the Baby Blue Eyes/22 Mash-up but the quality was really bad because like what I said, it was so hard to shoot from my spot plus I got emotional during that song. Don't look at me. Haha This guy near me laughed at me. :( Mom said that I was gaga that night. I truly was.


Eric

Look how they shine for you

I think this was during Whole Lotta You! I posted a part of it on my Instagram account. :)

Sha la la la la

The babe.


If I'm Gonna Fall In Love



My camera died shortly after this.


Make sure that the feeling's right.

I wish I stayed longer so that I was able to finish the festival. It's sad how I missed a lot of songs, especially Ever Enough which is my all-time favorite. Watch the music video and see how Nick Santino and Debby Ryan look cute together. Check out their cover of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together too! I ship them. 


I hope they played While The World Let Go plus a few more songs too. No, actually they should've played all their songs so that it would take them a week to finish and so they decided not to break up anymore. They should reunite right now and play and create music forever and more. Sigh. 

I remember tweeting Eric about the festival a while back, and he said that there will be "lots and lots of sparks." It makes sense now.

Credits to Carla Barretto (philippineconcerts.com)


To sum it all up, Bazooka was really awesome! I wish I was able to take pictures in the photo wall and photo booth. I also wish I was able to enjoy the slide and the animal ride. haha But there's still next year, right? That weekend easily became one of the best weekends to date. If these pictures don't exist, I won't ever believe that it all happened. I hope this feeling never goes away! ;) I definitely recommend everyone to attend the next festival. Get the VIP ticket because it's really worth it! P.S. You deserve it. 

Thank you so much to my momma and to everyone who I was with that weekend. You guys know who you are. :) I would also like to give out a special thanks to you for spending time on my blog. Virtual hug! Pass it on.  

By the way, I have some video clips from the event that I have yet to upload. I don't know when it will be up on my channel, but if you're interested, just keep on checking my channel from time to time. It must be up soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment